Festival Shenanigans?

The more I think about it, the more that I think the "non-invitation" by Federal Way for me to set up a festival booth is questionable, since I believe other politicians, especially incumbents, received one.  I just kind of shrugged it off until today when I might would have changed my plans.  Last spring, the Mayor & Council used a good portion of an hour at a City Council Meeting for a "quasi-election event" for my opponent, Reeves, Claire Wilson (another Democratic candidate this year) and one other woman, giving them an award for one of their immutable characteristics (gender), and soon thereafter, they put Reeves' photograph in a prominent space on the city's website: the city's website makeover is so convoluted (why is it that these kind of changes always seem worst than the predecessor), the photo may be hard to find, now, if still there since spring.  For a government to favor certain candidates over others, unless doing so on their own private time & dime, is clearly anti-democracy.

Previous and related post: "Happy 4th of July!"

[Revised on 7/5/18.]

Comments