First Inning Stretch

In baseball, the stretches are usually done in the 7th inning, but apparently FW Mirror Columnist Bob Roegner prefers to do his in the opening inning, ironically.  I bent over backwards in my last post finding an excuse for why Roegner imagined that I was switching positions, since I never came close to saying anything on this blog or anywhere else that would lead somebody to jump to that conclusion.  I didn't even think about it until I read his column, not that it would necessarily be a bad idea since it could save me a primary, but it's not going to happen for a number of reasons.  However, his scenario was convenient for him to once again cast the Position 1 race as basically two-way instead of three-way, but as the old cliché goes, facts are stubborn things.

Roegner's other stretch was his aside about my alleged "Democratic ties," considering these "ties" were basically from 13 years ago in Alaska, as my post, aforementioned, related.  Half of the politicians in Washington state, because of the trend towards non-partisan elections, here, I don't even know what their party affiliation is.  The only one on the Council that I am aware of, regarding party, besides Lydia Assefa-Dawson's "Democrat" inclination, is Martin Moore, because he proclaimed himself Republican very publicly, recently.  I once had an endorsement from Darcy Burner for a race in which I was neither Democrat or Republican, and she's a fairly well-known Democrat, but that's about the extent of my so-called Democratic ties in Washington. 

Federal Way recalls me as a Republican, however, because I came very close to getting the Republican nomination for U.S. Representative in 2004, and probably actually did, but that's another story that I won't get into at the moment.  I officially received 47% of the vote for that nomination.  Federal Way, now, because of the congressional election last year and the Mirror's March article about me, probably realizes that I have gone fully third-party since then as that change happened in '06, and the name of the party is presently called the Revived Citizens Party.

Case closed: on to the 2nd inning, starting with the candidate filings next week.  

-- Mark Greene, candidate for Federal Way City Council (Position 1)

Recent post:  Downtown, Neighborhoods and Businesses

Letters to the Editor:  My supporters may want to write letters to the editor on my behalf to the Federal Way Mirror, the Seattle Times and the Tacoma News Tribune.  Thank you!

Potential volunteers:  Write to e-mail address noted below or P.O.B.; our next meeting will probably be sometime in June.  Thank you!


Contributions:  $5 or $10 donations are welcome, and will be used for fliers, leaflets, buttons and post cards.  Thank you!


-- Mark Greene for City Council Campaign Committee
    P.O. Box 25781, Federal Way, WA 98093
    e-mail:   (link)
 

[Revised on 5/10/15.] 

Comments