Running for Director of Elections

I'm running for King County Director of Elections in 2019.  At the moment, I don't have a lot of time to write much about it, but I am directing people to my campaign website, which has plenty of information as well as a pretty prominent link (a yellow button) to my Facebook campaign page.  Speaking of local politics, Federal Way City Hall is a complete mess, with the new and some relatively long-time city council members being pretty much "voluntarily voiceless" at meetings and letting the mayor doing pretty much whatever he wants; although, to be honest, that's better than voiceless council members aimlessly stumbling through and just drawing a paycheck, thereby making a shambles of our city.

The mayor, any mayor, shouldn't be running council meetings anyway, that should be the job of the Council leader, Susan Honda, but I guess the City Charter has to be changed in order for that to happen.  At least, whether agreeing with him generally or not, Mayor Jim Ferrell has a sense of direction for the city and not afraid to speak his mind.  Just comparing our pretty much toothless council members in Federal Way with former Councilman of Newcastle, Washington, Bill Erxleben, a Tiger on the Newcastle Council, as he served for much of the time when I lived in Newcastle in the late Zeroes and early Tens, and anything but voiceless, is like night and day.  See my Northern Pacific Report posts for more about my time observing the Newcastle Council.

-- Mark Greene, candidate for Director of Elections (King County)

Comments