The Council Sneaks In a Meeting

Jim Ferrell and the Federal Way City Council snuck in a meeting on July 5th, unbeknownst to most Federal Way residents, including myself, as trying to find the out-of-the-ordinary Council meeting dates on the City Hall website is like panning for gold on the Columbia River (if there's any date on there to find at all).  I had intended to make the last 5 Council meetings before the August 1st primary, in order to make 5 different speeches to audiences, but now I will have to settle for 4 out of 5. 

This is the kind of sneakiness that gets my signs stolen or destroyed, and me booted out of public centers, while campaigning, for no ostensible reason -- an abridgement of freedom of speech rights that all citizens should have. 

By the way, the Mirror published a good article about the mayor's race -- fair and balanced -- and corrected a mishearing by the reporter regarding my reference to Portland's Bud Clark Commons (but not in time for the print edition).

-- Mark Greene, Official Candidate for Mayor of Federal Way

[Revised on July 9, 2017.]

Comments