Starbard and Irvine

If I'm elected mayor, I will ask John Starbard to be the chief-of-staff/city administrator of Federal Way.  Starbard was the former City Manager of Newcastle, Washington, and currently is in a management position for King County.  Starbard is one of the most competent government workers in the state.

Also, I will ask Melinda Irvine to be Federal Way's next Chief of Police, but whether she would be willing to leave her Newcastle Police Chief position is unknown.  I wrote this post about "Chief Irvine: Poise and Steadiness," in March of 2013.

Incidentally, when I went to Federal Way Police Headquarters last April (2017) to report my bicycle stolen, I was greeted with a half-sneer by the desk officer, and was practically given an interrogation by her as to why I didn't just use the Police website to report my bicycle stolen.  I felt like I was the one who was the criminal instead of the person who stole my bike.  Is this how citizens are treated, generally, when reporting crimes?  Time for a changing of the guard.

After living in Newcastle for 7 years (2006 - 2013), I know that Starbard and Irvine are class acts.

-- Mark Greene, Official Candidate for Mayor of Federal Way

Campaign Website

Comments