City Hall Heckling

While making a speech at Federal Way City Hall on January 17, that included defending the rights of apartment residents, a henchman of Mayor Jim Ferrell, who happens to be a bureaucrat and apparently with official duties at Council Meetings, interrupted my speech on the basis of time, and did it in the nastiest of ways. However, I did not let the heckling stop my speech, as I told the guy -- whose face I couldn't see from the podium and whose name I don't know, yet -- that I only had a couple of sentences left and other people are afforded the respect of a little overtime to finish their speeches.  He will be the first one fired in January, 2018 if I win.  I have never seen a citizen speaker there spoken to in that tone of voice, which if he was trying to intimidate me out of the mayoral race, only had the opposite effect. This mayoral campaign has just begun, and from my part, it's all but not exploratory anymore.

-- Mark Greene (F.W. Exploratory Mayoral Committee)

[Revised on Jan. 20, 2017.]

Comments