Mayoral Campaign May Be Upgraded in Early '17

I don't see any indications, so far, that either Kelly Maloney or Susan Honda are going to challenge Mayor Jim Ferrell's re-election, and the Revived Citizens Party is determined that Ferrell not run unopposed.  Therefore, my campaign will probably be going from the exploratory to actual stage in early 2017 (January, to be a little more precise).  The P.D.C. papers that have already been filed a couple of months ago will be revised to note the change in the campaign name and, perhaps, other minor changes.  I will step down and seek other office if Maloney and/or Honda run.  As for anybody other than those 2 councilwomen running, I may or may not step down; it will depend on who's running.  I'm not likely to step down for anyone other than Maloney or Honda, and the longer it takes for someone else to announce, even less likely.

If I make an actual run and I'm elected, I will hire somebody from Washington state (or, less likely, from another state) with at least a few years experience in city management/administration to be my chief of staff; preferably a current or former city manager. There will be a more active casual campaign in a week or two while the weather is still nice, but the real campaign will start in full bloom in early '17 if it is upgraded from the exploratory stage.

-- Mark Greene (F.W. Exploratory Mayoral Committee)

Comments