Appearing Before Ferrell & Assefa-Dawson? Nahhh

Recently, I had been thinking about making appearances at City Hall and speaking before Mayor Ferrell and the Council if for no other reason than to get some time on "Ferrell TV" and try to dissuade the Assefa-Dawson electorate (re. 2015 Council election), and those who didn't vote at all, from thinking that I'm the ignoramus that the Mirror and the Municipal League painted me as.  But decided against it -- for the time being, at least.  I will just start my mayoral campaign on the streets of Federal Way, if it is in fact started, where I have always been for several campaigns (however, rarely had time to campaign for lieutenant governor, but will make time for mayor), and not in the stuffy confines of City Hall. 

I have a feeling that Ferrell doesn't really enjoy being mayor, and he may not even run next year, which would leave the gates wide open to the mayor's office.  However, nothing would be more satisfying than to have Ferrell emptying his mayoral office desk drawers and packing his bags in December of '17 as a result of the election, and then finding a present or future Revived Citizens Party member to run against Assefa-Dawson in '19, but I would hardly be surprised if she quit, too.  It can't be comfortable sitting on the Council dais every two weeks being hardly able to speak with perfunctory council knowledge (does she speak about council affairs at all?), let alone conducting the business of government.  I'm not yearning to speak to the "Pharaoh" or the Council, but will take my case straight to the People, which may be well enough this time rather than almost well enough last year.

-- Mark Greene (F.W. Exploratory Mayoral Committee)

[Revised on 10/5/16.]

Comments