My Party

The Revived Citizens Party

This is not Byzantine Washington, D.C., and the Obama Justice Department is not likely going to put local rumormongers in jail, unlike some D.C. whistleblowers, so maybe Bob Roegner of the Mirror could reveal a name or two of said rumormongers inferred in his column(s), like these Democratic insiders that think I'm a secret Democrat, apparently.  Yet, I was trying to defeat the biggest Democrat in the 9th Congressional District (that includes Federal Way) in the congressional election of 2014 under the "Citizens" label.  The only Washington Democrat who I can think of that would benefit by trying to tag me a Democrat is running for the exact same position on the Council as me, so maybe her associates are these Democratic insiders?

In 2006, I decided to once again get back into third party politics, as we, the American people, need a strong third party between the ultra left on the Democratic side and the ultra right on the Republican side, so eventually this fledgling party I founded in '06 took on the name "Revived Citizens Party," an offshoot of the original Citizens Party of the 1970s and 80s, founded by the late Barry Commoner.  I was a member of that party before it was disbanded, then eventually got back into major party politics, and almost captured the Republican nomination for U.S. Representative in the 9th Congressional District in '04. 

Regarding my return to third party politics in the last decade, I attached the word "Revived" to the original Citizens Party name to distinguish it from the other party or parties that coopted the old Citizens name, and that my party has nothing whatsoever to do with.  These other parties likely do not have the slightest association to the original, disbanded party.  Anybody that might be researching "Citizens" party names should realize that my past association has only to do with Mr. Commoner's party, the original, and presently, of course, my own party, which has no affiliation with the Democratic Party.

By the way, lest we forget, for all the discussion about political parties here and elsewhere, the Federal Way City Council elections are non-partisan, and since the Revived Citizens Party is obviously fledgling and obscure, some journalists go the route of the Seattle Times, and say I'm "an independent."  That's not too far of a stretch, at least.

-- Mark Greene, candidate for Federal Way City Council (Position 1)

L
etters to the Editor:  My supporters may want to write letters to the editor on my behalf to the Federal Way Mirror, the Seattle Times and the Tacoma News Tribune.  Thank you!

Potential volunteers:  Write to e-mail address noted below or P.O.B.; our next meeting will probably be sometime in June.  Thank you!

Contributions:  $5 or $10 donations are welcome, and will be used for fliers, leaflets, buttons and post cards.  Mail checks or money orders to post office box with assignment to "Mark Greene for City Council."  Thank you!

 
-- Mark Greene for City Council Campaign Committee
   
P.O. Box 25781, Federal Way, WA 98093
    e-mail:  (link)


 [Revised at on 5/25/15.]

Comments