Political Doldrums in June

With spring graduations, summer vacations being mapped out, nice spring weather in western Washington so far, and a general "just-wanna-have-fun" kind of mood setting in among the populace, I have a feeling that June of 2015 is not going to be the best month for candidates for political office trying to get the attention of the populace.  Although, so far, the people of Federal Way have responded to my campaign with general hospitality and outbreaks of enthusiasm every now and then.   Because the schedule of the Washington election calendar in the last few years has moved up primaries from September to August, June is a very important month for candidates that are on the Primary ballot, which happens to include me this year. 

So hot weather, people not particularly interested in hearing about politics during the cusp of spring and summer, and the general not-great-feelings-about-politicians mood that has become pretty consistent lately (albeit understandably given what has been going in Washington, D.C. in the last quarter century or so), is not going to make for ideal campaigning time for candidates trying to make the Top 2 on August 4th.  Yet, I still have to keep the campaign buzzing despite that the doldrums of summer will be in full swing by time voting takes place in mid-July, and I haven't even mentioned the dog days of August, yet.   With "Top 2" eventually in place for me, I hope; I will be looking forward to a break between Primary Day and Labor Day, because by that time I'm going to need one, believe me.

Just an aside, here, I doubt if I will be officially endorsing other candidates for office this year despite some murmurs on this blog that I might do so.  It's generally not astute for candidates in an election themselves to be endorsing other candidates.

-- Mark Greene, candidate for Federal Way City Council (Position 1)

The Bosses' Support for Murrietta, Sawant, et al.
 
Letters to the Editor:  My supporters may want to write letters to the editor on my behalf to the Federal Way Mirror, the Seattle Times and the Tacoma News Tribune.  Thank you!

Potential volunteers:  Write to e-mail address noted below or P.O.B.; our next meeting will probably be sometime in June.  Thank you!

Contributions:  $5 or $10 donations are welcome, and will be used for fliers, leaflets, buttons and post cards.  Mail checks or money orders to post office box with assignment to "Mark Greene for City Council."  Thank you!


Facebook:  Search the following term on Facebook, to reach the official Mark Greene for Federal Way City Council page:
  • Mark-Greene-for-Federal-Way-City-Council-Committee
Thank you!

-- Mark Greene for City Council Campaign Committee
   
P.O. Box 25781, Federal Way, WA 98093
    e-mail:  (link)


 
[Revised on 6/2/15.]

Comments